Wednesday 4 February 2015

Lost At The Lakes


Hey Guys! I hope you have had a great week! I'm going to share a little story with you today and my thoughts on the story.

It all happened last Saturday 11:00 AM straight after me and Kieran [boyfriend] had been to help and serve at the food bank for the needy. We set off to The Lake District // Elterwater & Ambleside. We had such a fun journey on the way, listening to The Newsboys.


We got their and had such a fab walk around the lake and followed the trails to this beautiful waterfall [photos included]. After a lovely walk and a cup of tea sat in the middle of a field. We carried on the walk following the instructions for the walk. Suddenly it got very dark, very quickly and we took a few wrong turns and the next thing we knew, we were stood in the middle of a boggy, swampy field in the pitch black.

I'm not going to lie, I was terrified. It was a horrible experience, we turned into a private farm accidentally and I shone my torch in the field, then that’s when the first panic attack started, the cows! These huge cows staring at me and I didn't know they were behind a bar, I just seen their eyes, their huge eyes. My thoughts where pretty negative.

 I try so hard to be a positive person but when you’re faced with problems you never thought you’d have to face it’s scary, you have no power, or control and you stress but then I prayed! I had no control but God had! He is always in control. He is our help and guidance. I prayed! And prayed! And prayed! A lot of silent prayers to God. I didn’t feel his presence and this was scarier than the dark cold fields in the middle of nowhere.

Kieran was managing to find adventure and enjoyment out of our mess but I wasn’t having any of it. ‘Drama Queen’ I know but it was something out of a scary movie, the noises, the darkness, the not knowing what could happen was … well I didn’t enjoy that, let’s just say that.

Fortunately after hours of walking round private farm fields Kieran knocked on a farmer’s door and asked for directions… Which were in fact useless, so after walking round another field, and jumping over a fence we made it to a main road, unsure of where it would take us. But we followed a sign to Elterwater. We had walked 16 miles estimate. We walked, and walked and walked until we seen a light, we had no idea where it would take us but we just kept walking because we were freezing, wet and aching and I had twisted my ankle and leg. And after all the stress and several panic attacks we knew this could be ‘the light at the end of tunnel’.
The light was a country pub in Elterwater. Thank goodness we made it back … ALIVE!
I was so happy but exhausted. I wanted to go home. After a few hours of being inside a warm pub and then a warm car. I got to thinking, trying to make sense of what had happened that night.

1.  We had a beautiful walk
2.  We went of the trails
3.  We were in a dark place
4.  A lot of silent prayers
5.  We see a light
6.  We followed the light
7.  We found rest and safety

So I listed what had happened and tried to meditate on it and that’s when it hit me, I needed to be lost to be found. I was lost hopelessly lost and I needed to realise that the one being who I trusted more than anything would come and pull me out from the darkness. I needed to have hope and faith in God. God puts us on the right path when we abide by his commands. We need to think very clearly if we are on the right path, if you’re in a dark place, you need to expect that he will come and help you. His presence will bring you into the light. He is the light.
1John 1:5 - This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

God never puts us in a position he knows we can’t handle, so next time you’re in a dark, scary place in your life, just think he’s there, and he is going to save you. And the main point is that he’s put that journey there for your experience to help yourself or others in the future.

Psalm 54:4 -Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.
He keeps us alive, he is your helper and he is always keeping an eye on you and a hand on your shoulder.
I hope you take a little knowledge with you from this blog. I have taken so much from it myself.
  • Don’t go to the lakes in the winter (Sunset at 3:30PM is not wise)
  • Trust in the Lord fully
  • Pray to the Lord
  • Ask for help when needed
  • Thank God!

Thank you for reading this blog. Speak soon
Love Jessica Louise Xoxo
Twitter & Instagram: @bibleblogwomen








No comments:

Post a Comment