Thursday 12 February 2015

Eleanor Calvert Love Blog {Valentines Week - 12th February}

Welcome to the First Love Blog and I hope you enjoy these wonderful writers I have in store for you this week! We are promoting love this week, from Gods love, to relationships, to singleness, you name it we talk about it! 
It gives me great happiness to introduce this guest piece from a lovely friend of mine from my church [Paradox Church] Eleanor Calvert. Let's start with her journey and how she has got where she is now. 
Enjoy! 

So growing up I was never brought in to a Christian based family. I sometimes went to the odd church service, but I was never really interested in becoming a Christian, or even continuing to go to church. But as I went into secondary school I became friends with two Christian girls and one of them invited me to their baptism; I didn't really know what to expect since I'd never been to a service like that before, but it turned out to be so welcoming and the people were absolutely lovely. A lot has happened since then but long story short if I hadn't gone to that baptism I wouldn't be where I am and who I am today, and I definitely wouldn't be writing this.  

Love is a strong word with a strong emotion behind it. But when you take the words "God" and "love" and you put them together in the same sentence it's even stronger. And that's why I think God's Love is indescribable; there isn't a word strong enough that can even come close to describing how great God's love is.  

We all have those days were we feel like we're failing God and the enemy is prowling around us ready to attack, but beneath all of this we know that we have this core of love from an extraordinary God who sent his one and only son down to earth to die for us and to forgive our sins, which goes to show just how incredible His love is. 

Loving yourself can be quite a difficult thing to do nowadays because you can either be perceived as being self centered or arrogant, but in reality, loving yourself is one of the healthiest things you can do to yourself! When you love yourself , you begin to see what your purpose is and why you're in the position you're in today. God made you fearfully and wonderfully so you are perfect because he has never failed. You don't need to wear makeup in front of God to be classed as beautiful, he looks straight to your core.  

When we start to love ourselves more, other people will start to notice little things in our day-to-day lives. Just a small compliment to someone, telling them they look gorgeous can make their day! The bible says "Wear love everywhere you go" and I think it's so so important to have a positive, loving outlook on life, and again, people will start to notice your positive attitude, even when you're coming under attack, keep your head held high and just keep going. By wearing love everywhere you go, it can rub off on people and influence them to act a little bit more loving towards themselves and other people, and then that will make you feel even better about yourself to know that you've made a difference to other people's frames of mind.  

Now since its Valentines season, we all want to receive that special gift from that special someone, us girls don't ask for much...just a 24ct gold necklace and a new car from our other halves maybe...? But I think valentines season is irrelevant when we have the post perfect gift of love from God when he sent his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross and the Bible was produced, let's face it, the Bible is the greatest love letter that has ever been written and will stay that way. Every word, letter, syllable has been perfectly written and completely overflows with love. So this Valentine's Day, focus on the one true love in our life, and not just the gifts from your boyfriend/ husband.  

So girls, my challenge to you is to simply love yourself more! Spend an extra 5 minutes on your hair and makeup. Take a selfie and post it with the caption "I feel good today" and just know that you're beautiful because God made you that way  

Image

Lots of love, Eleanor xoxo
 



@BibleBlogWomen 
E: jessica@bibleforwomen.co.uk
Follow the love blogs 12-16th February 2015 on The Bible For Women. 
Thank you my lovelies. 
Jessica Louise Xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment