Saturday 17 May 2014

Blossom and Bloom Finale!

Blossom and bloom has been amazing! It has brought people closer to God and now I want to share a very special lady with you! 

Guest Writing today is a beautiful young lady of God. Her names Kerrington! She is a guest writer for blossom and bloom finale! Wahoo! 


Kerrington is a 16 year old homeschooled gal, who currentlyabides in Ontario, Canada.She has a burning passion to see Women of all ages rise up and be everything God has called them to be. She adores journaling, shopping, and Star-bucks! She desires to continue following Jesus Christ more and more intimately each day!Her favorite pass time is Blogging on her own Blog…Which you can find here at: www.kerringtonuniquely-yours.blogspot.com



Kerrington- 
Straight from a Servant's heart!

"If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will be my servant also. If anyone serves me, the father will honour him."
-John 12:26

Ever since a very young age,
I have grown up in the church serving and volunteering.
I was born with a very BIG servants heart!

Whether it be cutting pickles for the Church picnic, to leading the Children's worship...I was there.
Passionately serving, serving, serving and some more serving.
I think you get the point,
I was always serving.

For quite awhile...
I just was going to church, to serve.
Never to receive...running around getting little jobs done for the Pastor's or in the Sunday school room teaching the Kiddos about Jesus Christ, cleaning the closets, vacuuming...and so much more.

Whenever I would have the opportunity to sit and receive...
A guilt would then overcome my heart. Or when the clip-board for volunteers got passed around the congregation and I wouldn't put my name on it, because I was simply just to exhausted...the devil then started to play with my mind in that time of pure exhaustion.
It was definitely NOT what church was intended to be like.

Church in my eyes, should be a place of refuge and of strengthening.
A place where you come in incredibly weary and leave fresh,
and totally renewed!

Which Church...Yes! Is all of those things, but not when you have the mindset of always having to volunteer, to be close to God.

God dropped this letter upon my heart, when I started thinking about this post...

Dear to all Faithful Servants,

I know that this may seem like some sort of shock to you...but did you know that things wouldn't run properly if you weren't around?!
Did you know, we would feel as if something was missing if you wouldn't be here??
Did you know that we as a church family appreciate everything you do for this ministry?!

Volunteer, You are so very much appreciated, not only by your church families, but also the visitors of your church.

These people come in and see the diligence and faithfulness in your work and they are so blessed by it.
I know sometimes that you're willing and always ready to serve gentle spirit, may have grown quite weary and felt almost maybe, misused
over the past few months with the Churches being busy at work, preparing for the coming revival...
But I see your tired spirit,
And I'm here to fill you up
and restore you...So that you will be able to serve me with a joyful heart,
more and more faithfully!

I'm so proud of you!!
Seeing you surrendering your hands and feet to me, so that we all can extend the kingdom together, is such a joy to see :)

All the Volunteer hours that don't get noticed... I appreciate each and every one of them. I am always with you, if you need to chat.

I'm with you when you are busy running around doing tons of Volunteer work, I'm with you when you are in the prayer room for a few moments of rest, I'm with you In the grocery store when you are about to get the courage, to witness to someone.
Thing is, I'm always with you!

I'm your strength when you are weary, your peace when you feel in complete chaos, I'm your God and I'm always with you ❤️

Always remember you are appreciated...
I see every minute you are passionately serving me and I am
so incredibly proud, words can't even describe it :)

Love always,
~God,Your Proud Heavenly Father!

Galatians 6:9 says...
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

So if you are new to this journey of volunteering in your church, embark with a joyful-serving heart, pray and ask your Heavenly Father, what he would have you to do!

If you grow weary in your well doing, don't give up...
Pause and find sweet rest
in Him.

Until Next time,

~Kerrington



WOW! What an inspiring young lady! I believe that Kerrington will have an amazing life with Christ at the center and encourage others in the making to become closer to God. I am very excited to have met her and to have worked with her! I am blessed and humbled by her support.

Blossom and Bloom part 3.... There's not much more I can add to the wonderful writings of Kerrington but I will just say that my life has changed for the better since I have started serving and volunteering at my church! I want my church to grow and bloom into a beautiful place of worship and I'm doing my part to make sure that happens. 

I hope you have enjoyed this blog series and I hope it has encouraged you to serve in church and serve Jesus in your life! Because there's nothing more important than a strong relationship with Jesus! 

Simply God is Love and Love is God! 

Have an awesome week!!! 
Lots of Love 
Jessica Louise Xoxo

God Bless :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment